Arc is a new digital platform that uses real-time data to help measure and improve sustainability performance. Arc's data-centric approach connects actions and tracks progress through a performance score that allows projects to benchmark against themselves and local, regional and global averages.
Arc is the first-of-its-kind to track sustainability progress through a performance score to help drive continuous and incremental improvement. The Arc score creates a holistic picture of sustainability efforts for building portfolios, cities and communities. Arc gives any project an immediate entry point, no matter where they are on their sustainability journey.
What is Arc?
- Arc is a technology venture formed through U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI). With more than 20 years of building and business data, USGBC and GBCI, created Arc to help projects collect, manage and benchmark sustainability data to improve performance.
- Arc calculates a performance score out of 100, based on building data and action-oriented strategies. It measures data across Energy, Water, Waste, Transportation and Human Experience. Arc integrates with Energy Star Portfolio Manager and other industry tools to help teams identify overlap and opportunities.
- It is a performance solution for every building, portfolio, community and city. The platform Arc is helping spaces perform at the highest levels and demonstrates economic, environmental and social responsibility.
- Arc is the online interface for GBCI rating systems. Projects that are not pursuing certification can still use Arc to benchmark and track progress. Arc helps those projects see where they are starting from and what next steps could move them closer to certification.
- Arc provides greater transparency and understanding so projects can make more informed decisions. It enables spaces to benchmark and compare their projects to similar ones at local, and global levels.
- Arc is cost-effective. It can help cuts costs associated with wastewater treatment and solid waste processing, while optimizing infrastructure quality.
- Communities and cities can demonstrate a commitment to higher quality of life. Arc is a transparent way to attract businesses, residents, visitors, talent and investments, while supporting climate action goals and sustainability awareness.
- By connecting actions in one place, Arc can help streamline communications between departments and project teams. With organizations often pursuing multiple sustainability actions at the same time, Arc helps keep teams informed of activity across the organization.
- Arc helps manage project performance by accessing real-time performance data. Whether a project is LEED-certified or not, Arc can track efforts to help projects recertify or provide a roadmap to new opportunities that will lead to any GBCI certification.