GBCI is seeking to fill three open seats on the Credentialing Steering Committee (CSC), the governing body for GBCI’s professional credentials. The three seats represent credential specializations in:
- LEED Building Design and Construction
- LEED homes
- LEED Interior Design and Construction
The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. PST on May 16.
The steering committee
GBCI administers a suite of credentials that validate and recognize those who demonstrate competencies related to environmental sustainability and human health as they relate to the built environment. The credentialing programs are governed by the CSC, a body with balanced composition that represents the diverse body of stakeholders who hold its professional credentials.
Each seat represents a different industry sector and GBCI credential. Members contribute their thoughts and experiences from the field and work together with GBCI staff to steer the direction and development of the GBCI credentials. To learn more about the roles and responsibilities of a CSC member, please review the CSC Charter.
The two-year term for these three open seats begins on October 1, 2018, and ends on September 30, 2020.
Meetings typically occur between 4 and 5 p.m. EST on the second Thursday of each month and are held remotely via WebEx.
GBCI will review survey respondents to identify a group of potential candidates, who will be notified and asked to confirm interest in these positions. Then, their biographical information will be presented to the CSC, which will vote to recommend one committee member for each seat to be approved by the GBCI Board of Directors.
- Comply with the CSC Charter
- Possess a current GBCI credential reflecting the area of expertise associated with that seat
- Demonstrate expertise in the area of practice associated with that seat
- Attend at least two-thirds of all calls within the two-year term
- Agree to the GBCI Code of Professional Conduct agreement
- Knowledge of ANSI’s Personnel Certification Bodies accreditation under the ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Standard for Conformity assessment — General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons
- Knowledge of exam development best practices
- Experience with international green building rating system implementation
LEED Building Design and Construction
GBCI is seeking one person to represent the perspective of a LEED BD+C professional, with experience in the design and construction phases of green buildings.
GBCI is seeking one person to represent the perspective of a LEED homes professional, with experience in the design and construction of healthy, durable homes.
LEED Interior Design and Construction
GBCI is seeking one person to represent the perspective of an ID+C professional, with experience in the design, construction and improvement of commercial interiors and tenant spaces.
Submit a nomination
Anyone interested in submitting a nomination or self-nomination for a seat on the GBCI Credentialing Steering Committee should complete the GBCI CSC Nomination Form no later than 5 p.m. PST on May 16.