The Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) is an independent, third-party global certification and credentialing body related to the green building industry.
GBCI ensures best in class delivery and full service offerings including brand building and brand management, user experience, platform development, sales and marketing.
Established in 2008, GBCI is the only group to administer project certifications and professional credentials and certificates within the framework of the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating Systems as well as the PEER standard for power systems, the WELL building standard and the GRESB benchmark, which is used by institutional investors to improve the sustainability performance of the global property sector.
GBCI can provide third party verification services for your certification and credentialing needs. Interested? Contact us.
GBCI administers the LEED certification program, performing third-party technical reviews and verification of registered projects to determine if they have met the standards set forth by the LEED rating system. Dedicated technical experts ensure building certification meets the highest levels of quality and integrity. Learn more about LEED certification »
Log in to LEED Online »
GBCI also administers PEER and the WELL Building Standard.
PEER which is a comprehensive, consumer-centric, data-driven system for evaluating power system performance. Learn more about PEER »
WELL is an evidence-based standard, which sets performance requirements in seven categories: air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort, and mind. Learn more about WELL »
| || |
GBCI develops and administers the ANSI 17024 accredited LEED professional credential exams, which include the LEED Green Associate and LEED AP with specialty credentials, as well as the LEED for Homes Green Rater and LEED Project Reviewer professional certificates. Learn more about LEED professional credentials »
GBCI also oversees the Credential Maintenance Program (CMP) for LEED professionals. Continuing education keeps LEED professionals at the forefront of the green building industry, driving ongoing excellence in the marketplace and ensuring that LEED professionals are the most qualified in the field.
Go to your credential account »
GBCI is the premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green building industry performance and practice globally and ensuring global competitiveness and reduced environmental impact through its voluntary certification and credentialing standards.
Buildings and communities will regenerate and sustain the health and vitality of all life within a generation.
- Assuring Validity and Quality: We ensure rigor in the design, development and implementation of the processes we use to measure green building performance (certification) and green building practice (credentialing). Our approaches and methodologies are designed for consistency and objectivity to assure the validity of our certifications and credentials.
- Ensuring Transparency and Clarity: We are open and authentic in the way we do business and the information we make available. We operate within the standards and guidelines of our business. The way we conduct our business—with a deep sense of integrity and ethical responsibility—creates a sense of predictability in the marketplace. Our stakeholders know what they can expect from us.
- Adapting to Change: We practice continuous improvement and adapt to the changing needs of the global marketplace, advancing our knowledge and expertise to move the green building industry forward.
- Providing Excellence in Service: Our focus is on building relationships with those we serve. We provide excellence through high‐quality responsiveness to our clients and customers. Our goal is to support and partner with our stakeholders for the long‐term.
- Driving Change to Create a Lasting Impact on the World: We affect the green building environment in an enduring way by verifying knowledge and performance. We influence long‐term beneficial change by focusing on results that matter and recognizing leadership in the field. We feel a personal and organizational responsibility for creating global change that is economically, environmentally, and socially sustainable and lasting.
GBCI Board of Directors
- Gail Vittori
- Harry T. Gordon
- Ganesh Rao
- Don Anderson
- S. Richard Fedrizzi
- Thomas Mueller
- Liberty Munson
- Mahesh Ramanujam
Contact us or call 1-800-795-1746 (within the US) or 1-202-828-1145 (outside the US).