GBCI works rigorously to maintain quality control on the project certification and professional credentials through global green building standards set and annually reviewed by our board members. Since 2009, GBCI has been an approved institution by ANSI 17024 for LEED professional credentialing and exam administration. In addition, an expert panel of green building industry professionals review the systems manual for each exam before they are administered.
The quality and rigor of certification and credentialing is maintained through standards viewable in fully documented manuals available to the public. These standards are internationally renowned to follow best practices that allow GBCI to be transparent and open to feedback.
As an independent certifying and credentialing agency, GBCI has managed the certification of more than 3 billion square feet of real estate and the credentialing of nearly 190,000 green building professionals (a number that is almost equivalent to the number of architects in the U.S.).
Board of Directors
- All India Institute of Local Self-Government (AIILSG)
- Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI)
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
- Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Company Limited (GIFTCL)
- India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF)
- Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE)
- Tata Housing Development Company (THDC)
- The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
- Yes Bank