Women in Green at Greenbuild is a forum that brings together women from all industries to discuss sustainability, current issues, challenges and successes. This unique platform is an opportunity to learn, network and connect. This year, Women in Green celebrates the powerful impact that leading with purpose has on shaping our lives, our careers and our changing world.
When: Wed., October 24, 8–9:30 a.m.
Wondering how parking plays a role in the sustainability conversation on college and university campuses? During the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education’s (AASHE’s) Annual Conference hosted October 2–4 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, nearly 2,000 participants will gather to examine policies, research and transformative actions that advance sustainability in higher education.
Expected to draw over 6,000 landscape architects and students, the ASLA Annual Meeting and Expo, hosted October 19–22 in Philadelphia, will offer more than 135 education sessions, including three different sessions and a half-day workshop on SITES.
Heading to Philly? To make sure you know where to find SITES throughout the entire conference, we’ve rounded up a list of where and when to find SITES all weekend.
- With the largest numbers of entities reporting to GRESB, the European real estate sector is, once again, delivering ESG transparency at scale.
- European entities improved their sustainability performance in 2018.
- 16 Sector Leaders recognized for their sustainability leadership.
- 2018 sets yet another record year in participation in the GRESB Real Estate Assessment.
- The benchmark captures more data reported at asset level than ever before.
- The sustainability performance of the global real estate sector has increased — again.
- 2018 saw almost 5% like-for-like global reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, the highest drop in 6 years.
- 20 real estate companies and funds are named 2018 Global Sector Leader for their sustainability leadership and commitment.
Located in Suzhou Industrial Park, Roche Diagnostics Suzhou Administrative Office Building was awarded LEED Platinum status in July 2018. As the first Roche Diagnostics manufacturing site in Asia, it is set to fuel the rapid and continuous growth in China and the region.
Want to learn how the installation of ventilation control systems can enhance the efficiency and profitability of your garage? We’ve got the inside scoop on the role these systems play in maximizing a parking facility’s operational efficiencies—which is better for your bottom line, your customers and the environment.
India has emerged as one of the leading economies in the green building market, and this growth will help the nation reap enormous benefits. One particular area in which green buildings present great opportunity for India is the housing market. Rapid urbanization has created a huge demand for new construction and infrastructure in India, and new homes will need to be constructed to accommodate this population shift.