GBCI is seeking individuals to fill two open seats on the Credentialing Steering Committee (CSC), the governing body for GBCI’s professional credentials. The two seats represent specializations in LEED Existing Buildings and the LEED Green Associate credential.
This call opens July 15, 2016, and the deadline for submissions is 5:00 p.m. PST on August 1, 2016.
GBCI administers a suite of credentials that validate and recognize those who demonstrate competencies related to environmental sustainability and human health, as they relate to the built environment. The credentialing programs are governed by the CSC, a body with balanced composition that represents the diverse body of stakeholders who hold its professional credentials. Each seat represents a different industry sector and GBCI credential. Members contribute their thoughts and experiences from the field and work together with GBCI staff to steer the direction and development of the GBCI credentials.
Each position will run for an initial term of two years, with the option to continue for an additional term. Committee members may serve a maximum of two consecutive terms (four years). Committee members may only serve an additional third term as an officer (chair or vice chair). The terms for these two open seats begin on Oct. 1, 2016 and end on Oct. 1, 2018.
Meetings typically occur between 4:00–5:00 p.m. EST on the first Thursday of each month, and are held remotely via WebEx.
GBCI will review survey respondents to identify a small group of potential candidates. These potential candidates will be notified of their consideration and asked to confirm interest in these positions. If interested, their biographical information will be presented to the CSC, who will vote to recommend one committee member for each seat, to be ultimately approved by the GBCI Board of Directors.
Please see the expertise sought for each seat below.
- Willingness to comply with the CSC Charter
- A current GBCI credential reflecting the area of expertise associated with that seat
- Demonstrated expertise in the area of practice associated with that seat
- Ability to attend at least two-thirds of all calls within a two-year term
- Committee members must agree to a nondisclosure agreement
- Knowledge of ANSI’s Personnel Certification Bodies accreditation under the ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Standard for Conformity assessment—General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons
- Knowledge of exam development best practices
- Experience with international green building rating system implementation
- Existing Buildings Operations and Maintenance: GBCI is seeking one person to represent the perspective of an O+M professional, with experience in the operations and maintenance of green buildings and a current LEED AP O+M credential.
- LEED Green Associate: GBCI is seeking one person to represent the perspective of a LEED Green Associate. The ideal candidate is a person with a general knowledge of green building, who does not plan on becoming a LEED AP with specialty in the future. They must hold a current LEED Green Associate credential.
How to Submit a Nomination
Anyone interested in submitting a nomination or self-nomination for a seat on the GBCI Credentialing Steering Committee should complete the GBCI CSC Volunteer Survey.