The ASLA Annual Meeting and Expo is the largest gathering of landscape architecture professionals and students in the world. Join us at this year’s annual meeting in Los Angeles from October 20–23. Choose from over 120 educational sessions and explore hundreds of new products, services, technology applications and design solutions on the expo floor. Register now to gain perspective and establish new connections within the profession.
SITES AP at ASLA 2017
The SITES AP exam will be offered again this year during the 2017 event. The exam will be held in Culver City, California, on October 24 at 8 a.m. Transportation will be provided from the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE to the testing center. When scheduling your exam, choose Culver City as your location and 8 a.m. for your exam time. Register for the exam.
SITES will also be featured in educational sessions throughout the conference:
- SITES Booth #1363: Stop by the SITES booth on the expo floor—subject matter experts will be on hand throughout the conference for technical help. Get all of your questions about the SITES rating system and SITES AP credential answered, or get help with registering a project.
- SITES v2 and the SITES AP: Your Tools for Success (Fri., October 20 from 1–5 p.m.): Put the SITES v2 Rating System to use. Understand the value proposition of SITES and feed into future development needs by engaging directly with the administrators of the SITES program. Finally, prepare yourself for the SITES AP exam and promote your expertise.
- High Performing SITES and the Soils Beneath Them (Sat., October 21 from 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.): As we’ve shaped soil to our needs, we’ve often forgotten how essential it is for our survival. Review the complexity of soil ecosystems and frame the importance of soil in green infrastructure, urban landscapes and the SITES Rating System.
- Sustainable Design and Development Professional Practice Network Meeting: (Sat., October 21 from 12:45–1:30 p.m.): Learn about recent developments in the Sustainable SITES Initiative. We’ll highlight the first class of SITES APs, projects that have certified in the past year and discuss the SITES performance pathway, which will evaluate the performance of managed sites.
- SITES: Water Cycle Management and Resiliency in the Face of Climate Change (Sun., October 22 from 2:30–4 p.m.): The SITES v2 Rating System encourages projects to conserve water, maximize the use of precipitation and protect water quality, with the goal always being to restore natural systems. Examine and integrate future hydrologic outcomes such as sea-level rise and create resilient designs that satisfy SITES credits.
- SITES: How Landscape Architects Can Lead on Sustainability Beyond the Building (Sun., October 22 from 4:15–5:15 p.m.): Learn how landscape architects can use the SITES rating system to achieve their sustainability goals for specific projects and to transform their professional practice. Discuss how the rating system is transforming the market by requiring an integrated design team from day one. Also, hear about the changes the first SITES APs have seen in their work and their ability to elevate the value of landscapes in the built environment as a result of earning their new credential.
- SITES: Devise a Truly Sustainable Maintenance Plan That Works for the Long Term (Mon., October 23 from 10–11:30 a.m.): How often do you integrate maintenance planning into your projects? Is maintenance a significant concern for your clients? A maintenance plan is a prerequisite in the SITES v2 Rating System. Review actual SITES-certified examples of maintenance plans and gain insight on how to improve your own.