Arc is a new digital platform that uses data to help measure and improve sustainability performance across the built environment, from buildings to cities and beyond. Arc’s data-centric approach connects actions and tracks progress through a performance score that allows projects to track and benchmark progress.
Arc is the first-of-its-kind to track sustainability progress through a performance score to help drive continuous and incremental improvement. Arc scores create a holistic picture of the results of sustainability efforts at the building, portfolios, and community levels. Through the initial step of tracking data, Arc gives any project an immediate entry point to the world of performance measurement and certification, no matter where they are on their sustainability journey.
What is Arc?
- Arc Skoru Inc. is a technology company created by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) to support the visions of GBCI, the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and its partners. Arc helps buildings and places collect, manage and benchmark data to improve performance. It empowers teams to connect and collaborate as they work toward a higher quality of life.
- Arc calculates a performance score out of 100, based on data. Arc integrates with Energy Star Portfolio Manager and other industry tools to help teams identify opportunities.
- Arc is a performance solution for every tenant space, building, portfolio, and community. The Arc platform is helping spaces and places perform at the highest levels and demonstrate economic, environmental and social responsibility.
- Arc is the online interface for LEED and other certifications. Projects can use Arc to pursue certification using the LEED v4.1 beta, LEED v4 O+M, LEED v4 O+M: Transit, LEED for Cities or LEED for Communities rating systems. Parksmart projects also now register using Arc. Projects that are not pursuing LEED or another certification can still use Arc to benchmark and track progress. Arc helps those projects see where they are and what next steps could help them improve performance or move them closer to certification.
- Arc provides greater transparency. Projects can leverage comprehensive global data analytics to help benchmark performance and view project ratings on a local and international scale.
- Arc provides feedback so people can make more informed decisions. Arc connects people to strategies for improvement and measures progress so that they can gauge how well the strategies they implement are working, helping them determine how best to save resources, time, and money.
- Communities and cities can demonstrate a commitment to higher quality of life. Arc helps places communicate their aspirations and value using data as a way to attract businesses, residents, visitors, talent and investments.
- By connecting actions in one place, Arc can help streamline communications between departments and project teams. With organizations often pursuing multiple sustainability actions at the same time, Arc helps keep teams informed of activity across the organization and provides a secure place to maintain data over time.