Apply to serve on the GBCI Credentialing Steering Committee
GBCI is seeking individuals to fill open seats on the Credentialing Steering Committee (CSC), the governing body for GBCI’s professional credentials.
Apply by June 21 for one of three spots on the Steering Committee:
The Steering Committee
GBCI administers a suite of credentials that validate and recognize those who demonstrate competencies related to environmental sustainability and human health as they relate to the built environment. The credentialing programs are governed by the CSC, a body with a balanced composition that represents the diverse population of stakeholders who hold GBCI professional credentials.
Each seat represents a different industry sector and GBCI credential. Members contribute their thoughts and experiences from the field and work together with GBCI staff to steer the direction and development of the GBCI credentials. To learn more about the roles and responsibilities of a CSC member, please review the Credentialing Steering Committee Charter.
The two-year term for this open seat begins on Oct. 1, 2022, and ends on Sept. 30, 2024.
Meetings are held remotely via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month, and alternate between 9–10 a.m. and 4:30–5:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Hold an active, relevant GBCI credential for the seat for which you are applying
- Provide a relevant perspective associated with the seat
- Comply with the Credentialing Steering Committee Charter.
- Attend at least two-thirds of all calls within the two-year term
- Agree to the GBCI Code of Professional Conduct agreement
- Knowledge of exam development best practices (such as ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Standard for Conformity assessment—General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons), including exam maintenance
- Experience practicing at a variety of scales and within different regions globally
LEED Green Associate
GBCI is seeking one person to represent the perspective of a LEED Green Associate professional, with an understanding of and experience with implementing green building principles.
LEED AP Homes
GBCI is seeking one person to represent the perspective of a LEED Homes professional, with experience in the design and construction of healthy, durable homes.
Urban Greenhouse Gas Inventory Specialist
GBCI is seeking one person to represent the perspective of greenhouse gas inventory specialists understanding that reliable and quality greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions data is key in guiding the planning of effective city-level climate action. GBCI is seeking an individual with experience helping local governments identify, measure and track GHG emissions in their cities or experience working on GHG emission inventories, including local government professionals, consultants and academic/nonprofit groups.
How to apply
Anyone interested in applying for the seats on the GBCI Credentialing Steering Committee should complete the GBCI Credentialing Steering Committee application form no later than 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, June 21.