The impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic will be felt for years to come—on the economy, on people and on our way of life. Remaining resilient—both in business and in life—will require every industry and individual to adapt at a pace we might never have thought possible.
Credentialing COVID-19 Response and Actions
In response to the pandemic, GBCI acted quickly to reassure credential candidates their exam registrations would remain valid, exam eligibility IDs would not expire and communicated key information to our stakeholders.
Our team was able to rapidly adapt and over a 6-week period develop and deliver an ANSI approved remote proctored online testing protocol using Prometric’s ProProctor tool. Individuals are now able to take the LEED Green Associate, LEED AP with specialty, WELL AP, SITES AP and Urban Greenhouse Gas Inventory Specialist exams from home.
GBCI provided steady leadership in an uncertain and challenging environment. We provided our candidates with the reassurance they needed to stay on-track with their credentialing and career goals, while deploying a remotely proctored online testing option that aligns with industry best practice and which adds greater flexibility for candidates who are not able to test during regular 9 - 5 business hours and which removes barriers for candidates who do not near a Prometric test center.
We’ve take the following actions to support credentialing efforts:
- Signaled flexibility would be shown on scheduled exams impacted by COVID-19, and that extensions of time to take an exam would be approved. To learn more, contact us.
- Monitored regional ‘stay-at-home’ orders and proactively provided 4-month extensions to schedule and take an exam, so candidates impacted by test center closures could reschedule and take their exam when it is safe to do so, or reschedule to a remotely proctored online exam.
- Waived exam cancellation and rescheduling fees related to COVID-19.
- Published COVID-19 FAQ on credentialing to assist candidates.
- Worked with our exam delivery partner Prometric to accelerate development and deployment of remote proctored online exam protocol.
- Submitted application for remote proctoring test administration to ANSI (American National Standards Institute), and received provisional approval.
- Transitioned LEED, WELL, SITES and Urban Greenhouse Gas Inventory Specialist exams to remote proctored online delivery.
- Worked with education course submitters to streamline GBCI Continuing Education Unit (CEU) approvals when transitioning from live in-person sessions to live virtual sessions or online, on-demand sessions.