Five things not to miss at Greenbuild China
Greenbuild China offers several days of education, networking, celebration and leadership for everyone connected to the green building movement. With so much to see, we have included a schedule below to help you customize your experience.
1. Continuing education hours
With 28 education sessions and additional opportunities through tours, a workshop and Expo Hall activities, attendees will have the chance to earn over 20 GBCI CE hours. This is over 100 percent of what LEED Green Associates need to maintain their LEED credential and over two-thirds of what is required if you are a LEED AP with specialty. Content is divided into four tracks:
- Creating Sustainable Communities
- Wellness in the Built Environment
- Financing Green Building
- High-Performance Buildings
2. GBCI Certification Work Zone
Greenbuild is the only event in the world where attendees can access GBCI reviewers in person to discuss their specific projects. Reviewers will be on hand to discuss the LEED rating system, as well as GBCI’s new offerings, including EDGE, GRESB, Parksmart, PEER, SITES, TRUE Zero Waste, WELL and the Investor Confidence Project (ICP).
You’ll find the team ready to speak with you, along with experts who will present on LEED and LEED v4.1, WELL and SITES.
3. Greenbuild China Expo
New for Greenbuild China in 2018, the Expo hall is the central meeting point for networking. In addition to Meet the Experts sessions, the Knowledge Bar and Certification Work Zone, attendees will also find industry leaders including:
- Tues, October 23: 10:00-13:00, 14:30-18:00
- Weds, October 24: 9:30-12:45, 14:15-18:00
4. Speakers and plenaries
Every story about a building is a story about people. The Greenbuild China opening plenary welcomes Mahesh Ramanujam, President and CEO of the U.S. Green Building Council and Green Business Certification, Inc., as the keynote speaker.
The opening plenary will also feature a welcome by Hon. Jeff Graham, Deputy Consul General, U.S. Consulate, Shanghai, China and a panel of the leaders behind some of the world’s tallest and most sustainable buildings. Speakers include:
- Gu Jianping, Board Member and General Manager of Shanghai Tower Construction and Development Co., Ltd.
- Michael Liu, Vice President & Chief Operations Officer, TAIPEI 101 Tower
- Hiwoong Noh, Managing Director, Asset Management, Lotte Property & Development Company
- Tony Tang, Deputy Director of Architectural Design of Sun Hung Kai Architects and Engineers Ltd.
- Madam Ada Fung, Director, Honk Kong Green Building Council (moderator)
5. Women in Green
This forum brings together women from all industries to discuss sustainability, current issues, challenges and successes. This unique platform is an opportunity to learn, network and connect. At Greenbuild China, we will feature an expert panel of prominent and influential voices from across the region:
- Brenda Chung, Executive Director and Chief Representative, China, Grosvenor Asia Pacific
- Shan Shan Guo, Chief Brand Officer, Delta Electronics, Inc.; Executive Director, Delta Electronics Foundation
- Katherine Zhu Schleiss, Managing Director, Zhu Schleiss & Associates, Hong Kong; Board Director, AIA Shanghai Chapter
- Michelle Xu, Founder and CEO, Jin Space Communications and Gallery
- Jing Wang, Moderator; Director, North Asia, GBCI
Book your room
Don’t forget to reserve your hotel room. The Grand Hyatt Shanghai, located next to Shanghai Tower, is the official conference hotel and has a special discounted room rate during the conference dates for Greenbuild China participants. Room rates start at CNY 1530 (before taxes and fees). The number of discounted rooms are limited. This offer expires on October 5 or when rooms are no longer available. Book your room.
We look forward to seeing you in Shanghai. Greenbuild China 2018 promises to be the best yet.