In the midst of the global pandemic, the sustainability community has remained committed to the creation of a healthier, safer and more equitable future. While much of this work is now done remotely, GBCI has shifted its efforts to continue providing the community with the tools and resources needed to achieve these goals.
For sustainability professionals, distinguishing yourself from the market has become more important than ever as the world shifts toward a more modest economic horizon. Whether you are a student, emerging professional or industry expert, GBCI provides a full suite of 15 professional credentials and certificate programs that showcase your knowledge and expertise to the industry and potential employers, and connect you to an international network of sustainability advocates. GBCI uses rigorous test development best practices to deliver high quality credentials that are trusted throughout the industry.
And as lockdowns persist across the globe, GBCI has made these credentials available to take online to protect the health and safety of exam takers and testing staff, and to provide greater flexibility for candidates to fit in with their schedules and lives – check out our updated Candidate Handbooks and online exam FAQ to see whether a remotely proctored exam is a good fit for you.
Globally, there are more than 209,000 individuals who hold a GBCI credential, which is testament to the quality, credibility and relevance of GBCI’s credentialing programs. A GBCI credential signifies an individual has acquired knowledge and competency in their selected specialty and sustainability area.
GBCI offers a suite of comprehensive credentials and certificates to distinguish yourself in the sustainability market.
Professionals can now take GBCI exams safely from their own home or workplace, wherever that may be:
- LEED Green Associate is the foundational professional credential signifying core competency in green building practices.
- LEED AP with Specialty distinguishes professionals with advanced knowledge in green building sustainable design, construction and operations standards; plus, expertise in a particular LEED rating system.
- SITES AP is the first credential specifically targeted to those who work and care for land and its resources and communities.
- WELL AP provides professionals with the opportunity to demonstrate advanced knowledge in human health and wellness in the built environment.
- Urban Greenhouse Gas Inventory Specialist helps city staff and their partners develop the skills needed to advance local climate action in cities worldwide.
- ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP recognize individuals dedicated to making the world a more sustainable place, economically, socially and environmentally, through the integration of sustainability culture and practice throughout business operations.
- There are also numerous certificate programs whose tests are now available online, including the TRUE Advisor, EDGE Experts and LEED Green Rater.
Become more competitive in the industry by showcasing your commitment to sustainability, health and combatting climate change. Through continuing education requirements and the pursuit of a specialty area, credentials demonstrate your leadership in this vital field. With a credential, you equip yourself and your organization with the tools to transform the market and green business globally. Learn more about the opportunities available online for your next steps.