New seat available on the GBCI Credentialing Steering Committee
Photo credit: fizkes from Adobe Stock.
Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) is seeking one individual to fill the the Sustainability Excellence Associate (SEA) member seat on the Credentialing Steering Committee (CSC). CSC is the governing body for GBCI’s professional credentials. The Sustainability Excellence Associate seat member represents the perspective of a Sustainability Excellence Associate professional and has experience in developing and implementing sustainability solutions in an organization, community or industry.
This call is open from Feb. 16 until 5 p.m. PT on Feb. 28.
- The two-year term for this open seat begins on June 1, 2022 and ends on May 30, 2024.
- Meetings typically occur between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. ET on the third Thursday of each month. They are held remotely via Zoom.
- Comply with the CSC Charter.
- Provide a relevant perspective associated with the SEA seat.
- Attend at least two-thirds of all calls within the two-year term.
- Agree to the GBCI Code of Professional Conduct agreement.
- Hold an active Sustainability Excellence Associate credential.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Standard for Conformity assessment—General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons
- Knowledge of exam development best practices, including exam maintenance
- Experience with international sustainability best practices
Submitting a nomination
Anyone interested in submitting a nomination for the SEA seat on the GBCI Credentialing Steering Committee should complete the GBCI CSC Nomination Form no later than 5 p.m. PT on Feb. 28.
About the Credentialing Steering Committee
GBCI administers a suite of credentials that validate and recognize those who demonstrate competencies related to environmental sustainability and human health as they relate to the built environment. The credentialing programs are governed by the CSC, a body with balanced composition that represents the diverse body of stakeholders who hold its professional credentials.
Each seat represents a different industry sector and GBCI credential. Members contribute their thoughts and experiences from the field and work together with GBCI staff to steer the direction and development of the GBCI credentials. To learn more about the roles and responsibilities of a CSC member, please review the charter.