New Sustainability Excellence credential platform now available
Feature image credit: Wayhome Studio, Adobe Stock.
The Sustainability Excellence Associate (SEA) and Sustainability Excellence Professional (SEP) credentials have moved to a new platform. Features of the new platform include streamlined exam registration, exam scheduling and recording credential maintenance activities. In addition, delivery of the SEA and SEP exams are now available through GBCI’s delivery partner Prometric. This gives candidates the option to take their exam at one of Prometric’s global testing centers or online using Prometric’s ProProctor platform.
GBCI’s Sustainability Excellence Associate (SEA) and Sustainability Excellence Professional (SEP) credentials recognize individuals dedicated to making the world a more sustainable place—economically, socially and environmentally. The Sustainability Excellence credentials provide third-party verification of competency in the field of sustainability and recognize individuals who have the skills to foster innovation, transform culture and lead sustainability initiatives for organizations and communities throughout the world.
What you need to know about the new Sustainability Excellence credential platform:
New exam registrants
- Navigate to the GBCI platform and log in. If you do not currently have a usgbc.org account, you will first need to create a new account on gbci.org to register for the exam.
- Once logged in, visit your credentials page and select the exam you wish to register for. Complete your registration and payment.
- Follow the instructions in the exam registration confirmation email to schedule your exam with Prometric. You will be able to choose to take your exam at a test center or online.
SEA and SEP credential holders
- All current credential holders will receive new GBCI credential accounts via email. This will allow you to manage your credential, download your certificate and submit continuing education (CE) hours toward renewal online.
- Once logged in, visit your credentials page to review your credential information, download your certificate and submit CE hours toward renewal.
For more information, visit the Sustainability Excellence website. There, you will be able to access the SEA Candidate Handbook and SEP Candidate Handbook for full details about exam registration and delivery, as well as other important policies. You’ll also find the Sustainability Excellence CMP Guide there for information about using your GBCI credentials account to maintain your credential.