Introducing a new resource for the Latin American market: the translation of the LEED for Cities and Communities: Plan and Design Guide. This guide is available thanks to the hard work of:
- USGBC Faculty members Milena Romero Aceves, Diana Guerra, and Carlos Andres Giraldo
- Red Regenerative in Peru
- Special thanks for translation support and market leadership USGBC member Constructora Bolivar of Colombia – the team behind the first LEED for Communities certified project in Latin America which achieved LEED Gold for v4.1 Plan & Design in December 2020.
Thank you all for making this resource available to all for free and in Spanish.
The translation is intended to serve as an education and communication tool to make the LEED for Cities and Communities: Plan and Design rating system more accessible to the market. The official version of the rating system is available in English, and will always reflect the latest updates, changes, and requirements for certification.
Over 115 cities and communities around the world have achieved LEED for Cities and Communities certification as of December 2020, and we hope to see many more in 2021 and beyond.
Looking for more? We also have translated LEED for Cities and Communities resources available on YouTube by the GBCI team in Latin America.
- Encuentros por la sostenibilidad Comunidades Sostenibles y Resilientes Construyendo Ciudad
- LEED cities and communities
- Introducción al Sistema de Certificación LEED for Cities & Communities
Join GBCI in Mexico, SUMe, and Constructora Bolivar for a live online event on February 23, 2021 at 10am CST to hear the story about the planning, design, and certification of Vivero Parque Residencial in Calí, Colombia. Hear directly from the developer how and why they planned Vivero Parque Residencial to be a sustainable, resilient community with a focus on providing a higher standard of living. Register online for the event. The recording will be posted to the SUMe YouTube channel and made available soon for on demand viewing.