The International WELL Building Institute (IWBI) is working with Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) to update the WELL AP exam to align with the WELL Building Standard v2 (WELL v2). GBCI is conducting a call for volunteer subject matter experts (SMEs) to participate in the next phase of the WELL AP exam development activities. Volunteers must have an active WELL AP credential and be knowledgeable in the WELL v2 pilot.
Examples of exam development activities include:
- Item Writing: writing new exam questions
- Item Review: reviewing the accuracy and validity of exam questions
- Form Review: reviewing a collection of questions slated to appear on the exam to ensure there is no overlap between questions
Timeframe & Time Commitment
These activities are planned for Q1 2021 and will be conducted online. If selected as an SME, you will be notified with the specific details, including any online trainings or meetings you must attend.
- A mandatory item writing workshop is planned for the second week of January and will require you to work independently on item writing for 10 days starting January 15. In order to accommodate different time zones, you will have the option to attend either one of two workshops:
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021 from 5 PM – 8 PM (EST)
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 from 9 AM – 12 PM (EST)
- Item review and form review meetings are planned for February and March respectively, and we anticipate three 3-hour meetings for each. Meetings will be scheduled to accommodate different time zones.
If selected as an SME, you will be given access to the resource material for the new WELL AP exam, including the latest addenda versions of WELL v2, WELL Certification Guidebook, WELL Performance Verification Guidebook and WELL Portfolio Guidebook, from which you MUST become knowledgeable.
In addition, subject matter experts must:
- Hold an active WELL AP credential
- Be able and willing to follow guidelines and be trained in exam development techniques
- Not be associated with any WELL AP exam preparatory development and/or delivery
- Sign the GBCI Volunteer Code of Professional Conduct
- Submit your completed application by Monday, November 30,2020, 11:59 PM (EST).
As an SME, you will gain beneficial experience exercising your knowledge of the WELL Building Standard while earning continuing education hours. You will also have the opportunity to network with your peers around the world.