Apply to serve as a subject matter expert (SME), and help update the LEED v4 credentialing exams. GBCI is recruiting volunteer SMEs to assist with the annual exam maintenance activities of the following credentials, which will be released on Aug. 1, 2021.
Examples of exam development activities include:
- Writing new exam questions.
- Reviewing the accuracy and validity of exam questions.
- Reviewing a collection of questions slated to appear on the exam to ensure there is no overlap between questions.
Exam development activities will take place between early September and mid-October 2020.
Meetings are held remotely via Microsoft Teams and last approximately one to three hours, depending on the exam development activity. Question writing will require spending additional personal hours to draft new exam questions, using a secure online system.
Subject matter experts must:
- Be a credential holder in good standing in the specific credentialing program in which they are applying.
- Be knowledgeable about the appropriate rating system or standard content, including, but not limited to, the exam references. Selection criteria includes, but is not limited to, LEED v4 project experience, years of experience in the green building industry, and proficiency in the LEED v4 rating system(s).
- Agree to refrain from developing and/or delivering exam preparation courses directly related to the credential they are interested in assisting with.
- Complete and submit all application documentation.
- Sign a nondisclosure and security agreement, if selected.
As an SME, you will gain beneficial experience exercising your knowledge of the LEED v4 rating system while earning rating system-specific continuing education hours. You will also have the opportunity to network with your peers around the world.
Complete the application by Aug. 21, 2020, by 11:59 PM (EDT). If you hold more than one LEED credential, complete only one application. For questions about the application process contact GBCI at [email protected].